I just tweeted the following to the Helium App team. They make a floating browser window for OS X that works with Netflix, Hulu, etc. Check them out here. http://heliumfloats.com/
MLB.tv didn’t work so I wanted to figure out a way.
— ryanmtaylor (@ryanmtaylor) April 16, 2015
I noticed that others were asking about different web applications not working and the answer from Helium was to get it working in Safari and it would work in Helium.
I would like to watch MLB.tv whilst working but I don’t because I can’t keep it out of the way. After tweeting them I thought I would find a workaround. If you want to watch MLB using Helium follow the directions below.
- Open Safari and go to MLB.tv.
- Login and browse to the game you would like to watch.
- Click the link to watch the game and it will open in a new window.
- Close the window
- In Safari, Click History at the top and then show history.
- From the Last Visited Today option, scroll down to MLB: Media Player. Right click on the link, which should make reference to flash and media player in the url, and copy it.
- Open the Helium App.
- Choose Location. Paste the URL you just copied and click Load.
- I resized Helium by pulling it from the upper left corner and then once in media player mode I clicked mini mode and then resized again.
- I can now work with the MLB games playing on my desktop, on top of other screens, without interfering what I am doing underneath it.
Enjoy watching the game!